Summer 2020 WSJ Web Engineering Internship
The Wall Street Journal Engineering team plays a critical role in serving our award-winning news coverage to our digital subscribers. Wxx.xxm is visited by over 30 million users a month and our mission is to build the best possible products and technology for those users. We work closely with our Design, Product and Newsroom partners to deliver premium experiences and tell compelling stories that keep our users informed and empowered.
The Wxx.xxm Engineering team is looking for an intern with hands-on development experience who is interested in joining a high-performing, fun team to learn more about how we produce our web products.
* Design, develop and test code that will be deployed to Wxx.xxm
* Participate in collaborative decision-making to steer product direction
* Working towards a bachelor's degree in Technology, Computer Science, or a related field, with at least two years of school successfully completed.
* General knowledge of HTTP, web browsers and the foundations of how to build a consumer-facing website
* Understanding of Agile methodologies, and Scrum in particular, is a huge plus
* Familiarity with AWS is another plus
* git and Github for version control
* Passion for news, journalism and building great consumer-facing products
(COMPANY NAME) , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxm . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - STS
Job Category: About Us
(COMPANY NAME) is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. (COMPANY NAME) has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, (COMPANY NAME) Risk & Compliance, (COMPANY NAME) Newswires, and (COMPANY NAME) VentureSource.(COMPANY NAME) is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at (COMPANY NAME), do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - (COMPANY NAME)." Thank you.