(COMPANY NAME) has been on the cutting-edge of innovation for decades. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new connections for people everywhere. (COMPANY NAME)'s 5G advancements will open up new possibilities that will continue to push us forward and bring new worlds within reach for our consumers. Our Networks interns take real-world connectivity problems and lead the charge on formulating creative solutions. Our structured program prepares every intern for success by allowing them to fully integrate into our dynamic culture while contributing their own unique ideas. We create opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students to impact change and make the impossible possible. Join #LifeatSamsung.
Role and Responsibilities
Position Summary and Project Details:
This summer you will have an exciting opportunity to work in our Engineering Services team. You will support product validation, feature validation and system performance analysis for our 4G and 5G network products.
This position requires working with new wireless technologies. If you thrive on analyzing hard and complex problems, then this could be a great fit for you. One day you might be working on verifying the latest 5G features, and the next looking at 3GPP specifications to validate the messages in your network capture, all while you work on creating a validation plan based on customer requirements or standards.
Skills and Qualifications
General Duties include but are not limited to:
* Analyze product features and requirements and convert them into test plan
* Validate 4G/5G features and software releases against customer requirements and/or 3GPP standards
* Perform a detailed analysis of the outcome of the validation activities which may require troubleshooting of potential issues
* Generate detailed test report outlining the results from the validation efforts.
* Build Automation frame work to reduce manual testing in Lab
* BS/MS degree in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering covering following foundational courses:
* Intro to telecommunication or wireless networks
* Digital communications theory
* IP network and network security
* Advanced software engineering/computer algorithms
* Probability and Statistics
* RF and Microwave systems engineering
* Need an understanding of overall Wireless systems
* Understanding of IP networking, QoS, routing protocols
* Understanding of Linux operating systems and basic scripting capabilities
* Must be able to write, read, analyze, and interpret technical journals and procedures utilizing mathematics language, non-linear communications, vectors, complex numbers and logarithms as reference.
* Reasonable understanding of SW development methodologies
* Good to have: understanding of 3GPP systems - Core and RAN networks
* Good to have: understanding 4G/5G LTE Call Processing
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Excited to solve problems and troubleshoot issues.
* Quick learner, able to adapt to different environment quickly.
* (COMPANY NAME) Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law