We are now looking for a Data Engineer Intern for Summer 2021!
Our work at (COMPANY NAME) is dedicated towards a computing model focused on visual and AI computing. For two decades, (COMPANY NAME) has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics, with our invention of the GPU. The GPU has also proven to be unbelievably effective at solving some of the most complex problems in computer science.
What you'll be doing:
* Build highly scalable data pipelines to power experiments and key business metrics
* Working across multiple teams to determine the data requirements and business logic applicable to new data sources and data gathering technique
* Design data schema and operate internal data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL database systems
* Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines
* Communicate results and ideas to key stakeholders
What we need to see:
* Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree with a focus in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology and/or a related field
* Experience in software engineering with proficiency in at least one high level programming language (preferably Java or Python)
* Strong SQL skills and background in ETL processes on NoSQL, SQL database
* Comfortable using CI/CD processes with tools such as Maven, GIT, Jenkins
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a distributed team environment
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
* Strong understanding of big data and distributed system
* Experience with AWS technologies (S3, RedShift, etc.)
* Keep up-to-date with the latest technology trends in data engineering, ETL technologies
* Devise innovative and forward-thinking solutions
* Have demonstrated resilience and agility to adapt quickly in a fast-paced high performance environment
(COMPANY NAME) is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law