What you do at (COMPANY NAME) changes everything
At (COMPANY NAME), we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The primary role of this position is:
Working with a mentor, debug and manage manufacturing and characterization test programs for next-generation (COMPANY NAME) microprocessors. Work on Automated Test Equipment (ATE) or System Level Test (SLT) platforms. Debug test infrastructure issues including test HW, test SW, and device-specific IP. Engineer must ensure overall compatibility, compliance, and test coverage of microprocessors by developing product specific test hardware, software and diagnostics.
Potential roles of a Co-op Engineer include:
* Development and implementation of test programs to test and analyze (COMPANY NAME) products.
* Develops test requirements and specifications.
* Performs logic and circuit design verification via software and hardware.
* Works with product engineering, characterization and platform debug teams to define and debug existing and new products.
* Debugs test infrastructure issues in hardware, software, device, or manufacturing flow domains.
* Support product improvement activities including driving cost reduction and yield improvement initiatives and resolving quality issues.
* Works on related projects and/or assignments as needed.
Years of experience and education: Candidate must be enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and capable of completing two co-op terms prior to graduation.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Courses in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Digital Logic, Circuit Theory.
* Familiar with Linux or Unix Operating Systems.
* Familiar with Microsoft standard apps (i.e. Office), Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
* Familiar with high level software programming languages (C++, Java, C, C#).
* Familiar with a scripting language (Python, Ruby, shell script, or similar).
* Familiar with revision control (GIT, SVN, CVS, RCS or similar).
* Familiar with XP, AGILE, Scrum, or Kanban programming paradigms.
* Familiar with logic analyzers, voltmeters, oscilloscopes, and other debug tools.
Experience as a leader in roles held through a job or extracurricular activities.
Requisition Number: 8xxx0
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp
(COMPANY NAME) does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. (COMPANY NAME) and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information
|Posted on:||05 Nov 2020|
|Type of job:||Internship|