Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to be the #1 cross- platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush«, eSports opportunities like the Call of Duty™ and Overwatch« Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft«, Call of Duty« and StarCraft«.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
We are seeking two Engineering Interns in our Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads platform.
Your role with Activision Blizzard Media
We are looking for two highly motivated interns to join our team! If you want to be part of creating amazing user experiences using the latest technologies, then this is the right opportunity for you.
Depending on the team, you will have the opportunity to take part in the development and maintenance of our systems, understanding business requirements, work on upgrades and integration of new features, work with large datasets and collaborate with other teams.
Skills to create thrills
* Proven experience in C++, Java, Python or Objective- C
* Excellent and creative problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate effectively and articulate your thought process clearly to team members
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team
* Understanding of Scrum and Agile methodologies
* Understanding of code- quality and being able to follow existing code style
* You should be pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related field - ideally you will be in your penultimate year and due to graduate in 2022
The below skills are also useful, but not mandatory - you have have had experience of these in a formal work setting or in your studies so far:
* Android or iOS development
* Cloud development
* Distributed messaging systems (such as Kafka and RabitMQ)
* Distributed computing frameworks (such as Apache Spark and Flink)
* Game development and/or graphical UI development
* External libraries and package management
About Activision and Our Family of Brands
Activision Blizzard Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 190 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Activision develops, distributes and publishes deeply immersive interactive entertainment for gaming consoles, mobile and tablet platforms, and PCs, including blockbuster franchises like Call of Duty« and Skylanders«.
Blizzard Entertainment develops, distributes and publishes some of the most iconic entertainment experiences in gaming, such as World of Warcraft«, StarCraft«, Diablo«, Hearthstone«, and Heroes of the Storm™, for PCs, mobile and tablet platforms, and consoles.
King Digital Entertainment creates leading interactive entertainment for the mobile world. With more than 200 fun titles, King's franchises include Candy Crush™, Farm Heroes«, Pet Rescue« and Bubble Witch«.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it