Engineering Intern Program - Summer 2021
Location:USA - Auburn, WA, USA - Charleston, SC, USA - China Lake, CA, USA - El Segundo, CA, USA - Everett, WA, USA - Hazelwood, MO, USA - Huntington Beach, CA, USA - Huntsville, AL, USA - Long Beach, CA, USA - Mesa, AZ, USA - North Charleston, SC, USA - Oklahoma City, OK, USA - Renton, WA, USA - Ridley Park, PA, USA - Saint Louis, MO, USA - San Antonio, TX, USA - Seattle, WA, USA - Smithfield, PA, USA - Tukwila, WA
Job Description Summary:Serves under supervision for a specified period within the occupation and skill area that directly relates to their college engineering degree.
(COMPANY NAME) is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
(COMPANY NAME) has shaped the course of human history through aerospace innovations. Today, because of our amazing people and powerful technologies, our products connect the globe, protect freedom, and advance scientific discovery around the world. From the depths of the ocean, to Mars and beyond, we're inspiring the next century of explorers - we invite you to join us on the journey ahead!
As an intern at (COMPANY NAME), you'll gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing things.
Over the course of our 10-12 week internship experience you will have the opportunity to:
* Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
* Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
* Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of (COMPANY NAME)
* Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
* Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industry
Join us as we build the future in Engineering! Interns will have the chance to support engineering projects in space systems, military systems, commercial aircraft or technology development. Internship opportunities are available in but not limited to: aerospace/flight, mechanical/structural, electrical, software, systems, industrial, material and test engineering.
Applicants best matching the attributes/qualifications described below will be scheduled for virtual interviews. Internship opportunities are available throughout the country. Please select all locations where you would consider working.
The Summer 2021 Engineering Intern Program will be mainly held via telecommuting, which does not require applicants to live near applicable location(s), during the Summer 2021 Intern Program
Most of these positions requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
These positions must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Employer not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
* Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during Summer 2021
* Currently an enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date on or after August 2021
* Currently majoring in one of following core engineering/applied sciences disciplines (Aeronautical/Aerospace, Chemical/Material Science, Computer Science, Civil/Structural, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Software, Systems).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Strong academic performance (GPA of 3.5 or above)
* Exceptional organizational and collaboration skills as demonstrated through leadership positions on teams and/or in student or civic organizations
* Strong technical experiences as demonstrated through technical projects, research or engineering internships
* Exceptional communication skills and interest and enthusiasm related to engineering, aerospace and a career with (COMPANY NAME)
* Current Junior or higher class standing as of May 2021
* The ability to Telecommute
* The ability to relocate and work onsite
Some of these positions offer relocation based on eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
(COMPANY NAME) is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
These positions are in multiple U.S. locations and may or may not be covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Some of these positions require access to NASA, those positions requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Some of these positions are safety sensitive positions and may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
At (COMPANY NAME), we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The (COMPANY NAME) Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Colorado summary pay range: Min: $43,000 - Max: $62,000
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - A
Job Type:Intern (Seasonal)
Job Code:UANWIA-JR (U32)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at (COMPANY NAME) is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
(COMPANY NAME) Policy on EEO - (COMPANY NAME) EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - (COMPANY NAME) Affirmative Action and Harassment
(COMPANY NAME) Participates in E - Verify
* English - E-Verify (English)
* Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Statement
* English - Right to Work (English)
* Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)
|Posted on:||20 Feb 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Aerospace / Defense|
|Job duration:||2 months|