This Electrical Design Engineering Intern program allows students pursuing degrees in electrical engineering an opportunity to work closely with (COMPANY NAME) Distributed Solar's Solar Technical Services team to help design rooftop and ground-mounted solar systems. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to break into the renewable energy industry as it will provide valuable experience, tangible skills using industry-standard design tools, and contacts within the field.
The internship work term will be for the following timeframe: May 2021 through August 2021 (flexible), full-time work schedule working 40 hours per week.
Location: Chicago, IL
What you'll do:
* Create solar panel equipment layouts using AutoCAD
* Produce construction drawings of electrical power systems including single line diagrams, installation details, and equipment plans using AutoCAD
* Assist with design of electrical power systems including system calculations, equipment and wire sizing, and electrical load analysis
* Model solar panel system estimated energy production using PVSYST
* Assist with construction administration including responding to Requests for Information (RFIs) and review of product submittals
* Assist with system energy monitoring and operations and maintenance of existing solar installations
What you bring:
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering
* Strong interest and passion for Renewable Energy and Sustainability
* Fast learner with a desire to continually expand knowledge base
* Results driven self-starter
* Team player
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Understanding of fundamentals of electricity and power, power systems background a plus
* CAD experience is a plus (AutoCAD preferred)
* Electrical engineering design experience with a solar developer
Why (COMPANY NAME)?
(COMPANY NAME) North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! (COMPANY NAME) is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At (COMPANY NAME), our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at (COMPANY NAME) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. (COMPANY NAME) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at Exxxxxxfirstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status
|Posted on:||08 Apr 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Energy / Utilities|
|Job duration:||9 months|