The EE team is responsible for developing firmware, designing and validating circuit boards, specifying cable harnesses, and ensuring EMC compliance for all of our products. We operate lean, iterate constantly, and have a real passion for building things. You will have the opportunity to do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best electrical, mechanical, software, and material engineers.
What will you own?
* Help modify and improve the firmware that controls our existing products.
* Develop firmware for new products.
* Help prototype and characterize new sensors, actuators, and control schemes.
* Design PCB assemblies and electro-mechanical systems.
* Collaborate effectively with our software and mechanical engineering teams.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we're getting at, it doesn't hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
* Understanding in embedded programming; ARM, AVR, or Microchip experience preferred.
* Knowledge of C/C++ for embedded applications.
* Ability to code comfortably in Python, or willingness to learn.
* Competency in Linux.
* Familiarity with control systems and PCB design.
* Demonstrated understanding of physics fundamentals.
* The ability to learn new technologies quickly.
* Previous related internship and/or coursework.
* Working towards a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or related fields, or equivalent industry experience
* >3.0 GPA
* Verbal/Written English Communication is required
Why (COMPANY NAME)?
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
(COMPANY NAME) values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee's skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence
|Posted on:||08 Apr 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|