About (COMPANY NAME) Diagnostics
(COMPANY NAME) is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people's lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made (COMPANY NAME) the leader in personalized healthcare - a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each
patient in the best way possible. (COMPANY NAME) is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. (COMPANY NAME) is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management.
At (COMPANY NAME), we believe the best solutions come by gaining different perspectives, asking and answering hard questions and challenging the status quo to develop small ideas and achieve big wins in innovation. Our success in creating a truly diverse and inclusive workplace will directly impact our ability to deliver on
our purpose of "Doing Now What Patients Need Next."
Facts & Figures
* Headquartered in Indianapolis, IN with over 4000 employees
* #1 market leader for in-vitro diagnostics
* In 2020, (COMPANY NAME) Indy employees donated over $500,000 and tracked nearly 7,500 volunteer hours
* The site is home to nine business resource groups
This internship position is located in Indianapolis, IN. Below is a description of some of the projects an intern may expect during the course of their internship.
Supply Chain Engineering Projects
* Lead continuous improvement projects to increase efficiency within the Indianapolis warehouse
* Create new equipment validation and testing documentation
* Perform new equipment testing and document results
* Assist other departments in implementing projects from concept to completion
* Intensive 12-week paid internship
* Ownership of challenging and impactful business-critical projects
* Work with some of the most talented people in the biotechnology industry
* Final presentations of project work to senior leaders
* Lead or participate in intern committees to design and coordinate program events and initiatives
* Professional & personal development curriculum throughout the program, including networking opportunities, workshops, and panel discussions
* Participate in volunteer projects, social events, and team-building activities
* Paired with a 1:1 mentor through the (COMPANY NAME) Young Professionals Business Resource Group
* Access to on-site fitness and wellness center (subject to change)
* Housing provided to interns whose permanent address is 30+ miles from the site (subject to change)
* Program start dates: May 2x, xxx2 or June 2x, xxx2
* Targeting undergraduate interns majoring in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
* Desire GPA 3.0 or higher
* Desire previous work experience
* Student organization and/or study abroad experiences are a plus
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
* Complements our cultur
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at Ux.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Level:Entry Level
|Posted on:||24 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||3 months|