The Associate Engineer is an entry level position that may work in any aspect of gas engineering including: technical services, system planning, and design and delivery (construction and maintenance standards, regulatory compliance, short and long term project development for safe and reliable distribution system operations, gate and regulator station equipment, and design and construction of gas facilities). The Associate Engineer works under the guidance of other engineers on assigned tasks that support planning, designing and build new or replacement facilities.
The Associate Engineer is responsible for day-to-day tasks and longer term assignments as determined by the Supervisor/Manager to support engineering department and corporate goals.
1. Performs engineering analyses of the gas distribution systems to serve existing customer loads and develop infrastructure replacements to increase system reliability and safety and meet regulatory requirements.
2. Develop short and long-term plans to meet system requirement goals. Plans include development of cost and capital budget support including economic studies and models.
3. Interfaces with and supports Gas Design and Delivery and Gas Field Operations and provides engineering expertise for the planning, design, operation and maintenance of the distribution and transmission systems.
1. Become fully competent in the use of Company computer systems such as GIS, SAP WMS, CIS and Company-owned CAD applications.
2. Must be able to completely design and estimate gas main, service, meter and regulator design
3. Contacts Engineering Departments of the State, Cities, Towns and other utilities and contractors in order to obtain information necessary to fulfill duties of the job.
Gas Technical Services
1. Creates new and reviews existing technical documents related to operating and maintenance procedures, construction standards, and material standards.
2. Participates in and coordinates reviews of new materials and tools.
3. Interface with material and tool manufacturers and vendors.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in mechanical or civil engineering or related field of study and/or experience; 6-12months internship/ project experience.
Skills and Requirements
* Theoretical Engineering knowledge - Understanding of theoretical engineering principals.
Strong computer and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications.
* Develop Self & Others
* Empower to grow
* Collaborate and Share
* Be a role model
* Focus to achieve results
* Be agile
* Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 2xx-xxx-xxx7 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Posted on:||25 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Energy / Utilities|
|Job duration:||12 months|