(COMPANY NAME) develops products that accelerate the rapid adoption of renewable energy in the home. The flagship (COMPANY NAME) Smart Panel is the first true evolution for the traditional home electric panel, harnessing enhanced technology for metering, monitoring, and control. An expanded product suite of intelligent, integrated solutions radically lowers the cost and complexity of energy upgrades-including solar, batteries and EVs-empowering homeowners to be active, resilient and informed players in the energy market.
(COMPANY NAME) is seeking a senior mechanical or electrical engineering student to help the reliability program for (COMPANY NAME) through all stages of development. In this role, you will get opportunity to learn to develop a comprehensive reliability test program for new products and support any reliability issues that arise in the field. You will work with the reliability, electrical, mechanical, and systems teams to implement test plans, build out our in-house testing capabilities, and work with outside labs as needed.
In this role, you will:
* Show passion of learning Reliability engineering skills for renewable energy products
* Participate in (COMPANY NAME)'s DFR (Design for Reliability)/dFMEA, learn to determine appropriate reliability targets, develop usage models, test specs, test planning, and reliability plan for the (COMPANY NAME) panel, (COMPANY NAME) Drive, and future products.
* Learn to use manual machining and fabrication equipment and hand measurement tools
* Collaborate with internal and external teams to execute product and component level reliability testing including hands-on testing with real hardware.
* Conduct test data analysis, clearly communicate test results and collaborate with design engineers to resolve issues detected in testing.
* Compile Reliability Report
* Learn how to do root cause analysis when there are failures in Reliability testing
* Help the build-out of our in-house reliability lab
We are seeking an energetic engineering intern who has:
* Junior to Senior year (Senior preferred) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or related field)
* Some experience developing and running reliability tests including environmental, mechanical, and electrical stress testing.
* Experience with analysis of test results including statistical analysis techniques.
* Hands-on approach whether it be building a prototype or performing testing.
Life at (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Headquartered in San Francisco's vibrant SoMa neighborhood, we are an eclectic group of creative thinkers who value open communication, teamwork, and a 'make it happen' approach to addressing complex challenges.
Our CEO, Arch Rao-former head of the Tesla Powerwall team-fosters an energetic and collaborative environment, with a strong emphasis on maintaining work-life-balance across the organization.
We're hiring talented individuals who are driven by success and are passionate about shaping the future of renewable energy. If that sounds like you, we'd love for you to consider joining the rapidly growing team at (COMPANY NAME).
⚡ Competitive compensation + equity grants at a well-funded, venture-backed company
⚡ Comprehensive benefits (including medical; dental, vision, life and disability insurance)
⚡ Comfortable, sunny office space located near BART and Caltrain public transit
⚡ Strong focus on teambuilding and company culture (events, meet-ups, clubs)
⚡ Flexible hours and unlimited PTO
Our Mission & Values:
At (COMPANY NAME), we believe that powering your home with clean energy should be a simple and delightful experience that is at its essence human-centered and technology-forward.
Our core values include:
* Making home energy more accessible, intuitive, and convenient.
* Enabling homes and vehicles to be powered by the sun.
* Building resilient homes with reliable power.
* All-electric everything.
* A more flexible & distributed grid.
Interested in joining our team? Submit an application today and we'll be in touch with next steps
|Posted on:||05 Aug 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|