This posting is submitted in anticipation of future roles at Edwards. ** Application Deadline: March x, xxx3 at 11:59 pm PT. NSBE Candidate Application Deadline: March xx, xxx3 at 11:59 pm PT.
At Edwards, every innovation starts with a human inspiration.
COME BE INSPIRED.
(COMPANY NAME) offers its university talent an opportunity to create innovative, life saving devices and techniques that help physicians save the lives of patients around the world. As a global leader in treating advanced cardiovascular disease, we know that millions of people will benefit from our passion, our focus, and our innovation.
We are looking for driven and innovative engineering students interested in Summer Internships in 2023.
Summer Internship Program:
Our Summer Internship Program gives you the opportunity to work in a variety of Business Units and functions and make meaningful impact through challenging projects. We have Engineering positions available in R&D, Quality, Manufacturing and more! Specific internship projects will be identified based on the candidate's strengths and interests, as well as business need.
The Engineering Intern will:
* Be timely, punctual, and responsible for day-to-day attendance while proactively seeking direction from senior engineers.
* Conceptualize, develop, and iterate designs in response to design requirements specified.
* Test new designs (functional testing, mechanical testing, and simulated use) and brainstorm novel ideas for device improvements using test results.
* Assist in documenting production department concerns and aid in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
* Be proficient in drafting software (Solidworks or Creo Parametric preferred).
* Provide documentation support and complete written reports on testing and designs.
* Actively participate in design reviews and provide relevant feedback for teammates.
Program participants will work in our corporate headquarters in Irvine, California or manufacturing facility in Draper, Utah. Please visit Exxxxxx.xxm for information on all our locations.
To qualify for Internship opportunities, the candidate must be:
* Currently enrolled as a student for the duration of the Internship project with a graduation date of December 2023 or later. Junior or Senior standing preferred, pursuing degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, etc. Course completion of engineering mechanics and mechanical design is preferred.
* Able to work full-time for the duration of the Internship (May/June 2023 - Aug/Sept 2023)
* Comfortable working in laboratory environment. Hands-on and highly motivated. Able to follow procedures, perform testing, and clearly convey data results.
* Strong interest in pursuing relevant industry experience. Interest in the healthcare and medical device industry is a plus.
* Attention to detail.
* Proficient in drafting software. Solidworks a plus.
* Must be in good scholastic standing (3.0+ GPA or equivalent).
* Must not require company sponsorship for an employment-based visa now or in the future.
Launch your career and DISCOVER LIFE HERE.
* Innovative & Industry Leading Technology
* Accelerated Career Growth
* A Growing Global Company
* Stretch Assignments
* Meaningful Projects with Real Impact
* Continuous Mentorship
* Competitive Compensation
* Subsidized Housing
* Conversion Opportunities into our New Grad Programs following Graduation
* On-site Cafe, Gym, Basketball & Beach Volleyball Courts
* Great People & Beautiful Place to Work!
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume to our job posting on your campus career center website and our posting on wxx.xxxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxxs for consideration.
Aligning our overall business objectives with performance, we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and a wide variety of benefits programs to address the diverse individual needs of our employees and their families.
For California, the base pay range for this position is $54,000 to $72,000 (highly experienced).
The pay for the successful candidate will depend on various factors (e.g., qualifications, education, prior experience).
|Posted on:||18 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|