Country:United States of America
Location:HAL02: Aerostructures-Foley 1300 West Fern Ave, Foley, AL, xxxx5 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Looking for an exciting opportunity to learn more about the Aerospace industry while finishing your degree? Consider joining us here at Collins Aerospace, where we're working side-by-side with customers on exciting industry possibilities. With a comprehensive portfolio, extensive capabilities and broad expertise, we're crafting intelligent solutions to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market - all representing the best in innovation and technology for the industries we serve across commercial, business, space, and military and defense aviation.
Partner with our dedicated people leaders to experience meaningful work aligned with your university curriculum, powerful exposure to leadership at all levels, tailored career growth and more! At Collins, we're redefining aerospace and we're just getting started. Come soar with us.
We are looking for a new Quality engineering student intern to join our team this summer! The identified candidate will analyze Quality data and drive continuous improvement initiatives to support reduction in Defects Per Unit, customer concessions, internal/external escapes, and scrap using Root Cause Analysis and Continuous Improvement tools. They will also fully support Quality Improvement projects/events as either a leader of the project/event or as a support member. This position is full-time, Monday-Friday, and will run May/June-August; it is only eligible for current students with a graduation date past August 2023.
* Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes
* Develop sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sampling methods
* Create and modify Quality Plans for application to subassemblies and major assemblies
* Supports internal, customer, and third-party audits.
* Identifies and manages risk in product development primarily utilizing and driving PPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.).
* Drive preventive actions and application of mistake proofing into shop floor production and quality processes.
* Review product First Article Inspection Reports.
* Develop Standardization in Quality Assurance process improvement tools and methodologies
* Prepare and present reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations
* Interface with shop floor mechanics and support staff, with multiple levels of leadership, as well as with the customer
* Apply APQP processes as part of a proactive team effort
* Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
* Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world - and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Collins Aerospace, a (COMPANY NAME) Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Advanced Structures team leverages advanced materials and additive manufacturing to develop complex interior and exterior solutions. These solutions ensure structural integrity of the aircraft, help aircraft take off and land, stay trim in the air, move forward, carry cargo and conduct rescues. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
(COMPANY NAME) Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
|Posted on:||19 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|