Be a part of a transformative team and culture…The Costuming Materials Engineer Professional Intern supports research and testing of materials for costumes utilized throughout Walt (COMPANY NAME) Parks and Resorts. This work includes participating in product design of costume components and providing expertise in comparing attributes of both traditional materials (composites, plastics, etc.) and new materials (foams, etc.). Research new materials for product improvement, assist with testing of materials, summarize test results and prepare material performance specifications. Participate in material selections during development process and work with manufacturing teams to implement new materials and process changes.
What You Bring to the Role…
* Demonstrated knowledge of a wide variety of composites, plastics, foams, polyurethanes, and similar materials
* Proven familiarity with techniques for reformulation, molding, and shaping
* Proven familiarity with composite manufacturing, machining, thermo-forming
* Demonstrated strong written communication skills
* Ability to be flexible with work schedule
* Ability to work with a variety of chemicals and materials
* Ability to work indoors/outdoors and stand for extended periods
The Intern's preferred qualifications include:
* Proven knowledge of alternative finishes and textiles
* Proven knowledge of human factors engineering and ergonomics
* Basic knowledge of fabrics and costume/garment construction
* Proven knowledge of rapid prototyping
* Proven knowledge of SolidWorks and Pro-E software
* Currently earning a college/university degree in Materials Engineering or related field
The Walt (COMPANY NAME) Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
* Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a (COMPANY NAME) College Program or (COMPANY NAME) Professional Internship
* Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must possess unrestricted work authorization
* Must possess a valid US driver's license
* Must provide full work availability
* Must provide own transportation to/from work
* Current Active (COMPANY NAME) Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt (COMPANY NAME) World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are August to December 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation - Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
* College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online applicationTo upload this document:
* Log into your dashboard at wxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxm
* Click the link labeled "Upload Résumé"
* Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts)
* Select document type of "Other