There's never been a more exciting time to work for (COMPANY NAME).
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
(COMPANY NAME) of Canada Company- St. Catharines Propulsion Plant, is inviting applications from Environmental Engineering students for 1 Internship position. The intern will be assigned to the environmental department for the entire duration 16 months.
Get the jump-start you need to get your career moving by gaining valuable professional experience within an automotive environment! The (COMPANY NAME) St. Catharines Propulsion Plant proudly manufactures the V6 engine, V8 engine and the GF6 transmission. Once our products are ready for distribution, they are shipped to 10 different GM assembly plants world-wide.
Additional Job Description
* Coordinate ISO 1xxx1 Environmental Management System
* Coordinate site-wide departmental training on environmentally relevant ISO Task Instruction Sheets
* Manage daily shipping manifests for Reg. 347 wastes
* Develop and coordinate plant sustainability community outreach activities and environmental awareness programs i.e. Wildlife Habitat Certification/ World Environment Day/ Earth Week
* Support the implementation of plant sustainability initiatives and projects to meet GM Sustainability Commitments
* Pursue new opportunities to increase environmental profile in the community
* Conduct plant environmental inspections and coordinate follow-up activities
* Support wastewater and storm water program in compliance with local by-laws and Ministry of the Environment Conservation and Parks Environmental Compliance Approvals (ECA)
* Support environmental engineering and facility projects as assigned
* Support plant waste management program in compliance with applicable legislation
* Support zero waste to landfill activities, and actively pursue alternatives for waste diversion/reduction
* Assist in analyzing monthly environmental performance metrics (Plan Do Check Act) and implement corrective actions to ensure compliance to target objectives
* Support waste management contractor in resolving waste collection issues, and conducting regular waste audits
* In conjunction with plant functional departments, assist in developing action plans to maintain compliance
* Perform other duties relating to air emissions, water quality, waste reduction/segregation, ecosystem enhancement, etc as required
* Currently enrolled in an Environmental, Chemical, Civil, or Materials Engineering degree Co-Op program, and in your 3rd or 4th year of study
* Must be eligible to work full-time (40 hours per week) in Canada, and for 16 months work term (4 consecutive semesters)
* Must have a valid full G Canadian driver's license or equivalent
* Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
* Highly adaptable and able to work independently and in a team environment
* Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and expected to continually improve the operation of his/her area and equipment
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||16 months|