(COMPANY NAME) is seeking a Summer 2020 Product Analyst Intern (June-July). You will work with the Product team at (COMPANY NAME) to understand customer pain points and deliver value to consumers, merchants, and shareholders. You will help expand our understanding of consumer/merchant behavior, influencing product strategy, and driving the successful growth of (COMPANY NAME). This is a remote, paid internship (30hours/week).
Who you are
Are you fascinated by human behavior? Do you have an innate need to understand and influence how people act? Do you naturally look for the soul hidden in the numbers? Can you illuminate that soul and create a story that non-analytical minds can grasp and rally behind? Do you enjoy working with Product and Marketing teams to deliver on customer needs? Does working closely with cross-functional teams excite you? If so, we want you!
We are ideally looking for a candidate who has a technical background along with an excellent understanding of human behavior - a practicing behavioral economist! You're currently pursuing a degree in Physics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, or a related field and want to solve complex and interesting problems. You demonstrate a high level of curiosity and thirst for learning. You are a strong team player who wants to contribute to a product that impacts the lives of business owners and consumers alike.
What you'll be doing
* Understanding data infrastructure (Redshift/Tableau/Python), product strategy, business model, and competitive landscape
* Experience in writing sophisticated SQL queries to extract data
* Experience in building out dashboards (in Tableau) to help run the business
* Assisting in designing and analyzing A/B tests to iteratively optimize product
* Exposure to performing complex analyses (using R/Python) to extract learnings and deliver insights
* Communicate findings - emphasizing clarity, completeness, and actionability
What we are looking for
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a highly quantitative/technical field (e.g. Physics, Computer Science, Economics, etc.) from a top-tier university
* Previous internship in an analytics function - ideally in a consumer-facing business.
* Ability to solve business problems and provide clear and analytically-supported solutions
* Demonstrate intellectual curiosity
* SQL - write sophisticated and optimized queries against large databases
* Business Acumen - understand business drivers
* Problem Solving - apply structured methods to analyze problems and develop solutions
* Communication - share easy-to-grasp and actionable insights
* Build relationships - influence the adoption of analytics findings
* Scripting - use a scripting language like Python/R
* Tableau - build clear and actionable dashboards (nice to have)
At (COMPANY NAME), our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use (COMPANY NAME) to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use (COMPANY NAME) to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. (COMPANY NAME) drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. (COMPANY NAME) has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let's love local. Visit wxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxm for more information