Imagine getting hands-on work experience at one of the world's leading beauty companies. (COMPANY NAME) Americas is excited to offer a 9-week summer internship opportunity; June 7 - August 6, xxx1. We are seeking an innovative and ambitious student who is passionate about finance and eager to gain skills and industry knowledge to help prepare for the workforce.
The Finance Intern will assist the Finance team in reviewing and updating the Finance Policies and Procedures document to ensure it is up to date and reflects our current processes.
* Support the Cost Accounting function while gaining a well-rounded understanding on how this role is critical to the Plant's performance.
* Participate in M/E Closing tasks surrounding inventory reporting.
* Work with the Finance team in order to validate and update the existing Finance Policies and Procedures document.
* Identify processes that are missing from the document based on input from Finance team members.
* Work with Costing Team to understand how Standards are created, and what role NPC / Technical / Procurement teams has in driving the process.
* Apply Business Partnership principles in achieving goals, while building relationships.
* Have a plant tour to gain a full understanding of manufacturing operations.
What are the key deliverables?
* An up to date and concise Finance Policies and Procedures document which will assist with audit activities as well as the SAP implementation.
* A list of recommendations on functional areas that need further documentation.
* Be able to create a Costing Standard and follow it thru to PIR submission.
* Gain exposure to all in-house brands to understand the complexities for each one.
* Summer Internship: 5 days a week, 35 hours/week
* Must be actively enrolled in matriculating college degree program (cannot already have graduated from college)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel. Experience with Microsoft TEAMS is desired but not required.
* Undergraduate student with Finance/Accounting degree, or, having had other finance -based internships
* Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and be highly organized
* Energetic, self-motivated, results oriented
|Posted on:||13 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||2 months|