Healthcare Data Analyst Intern
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
An internship at Health Information Systems allows you to be part of an organization that's on the forefront of innovation in health care software solutions. (COMPANY NAME) Health Information Systems is producing intelligent software that simplifies management of health information, medical coding, payment and other important functions for our customers. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, (COMPANY NAME) is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
"The whole innovation process here is awesome. My team came up with a patent they are trying to push through because they wanted to, not because (COMPANY NAME) asked them to. (COMPANY NAME) provides that culture that allows them to innovate, think for themselves and helps them take it to the next level. We weren't afraid to redesign the tools from how they were in the past." Shinjin, medical informatics intern
The internship position is a temporary position within (COMPANY NAME). Interns typically work a full-time schedule of 40 hours a week throughout a 10-14-week assignment starting in May of 2021.
Applications on this requisition are reviewed and filled on a rolling basis; it is in a candidate's best interest to apply as soon as possible. Interested candidates should include a resume as part of their application.
The Impact You'll Make in this Role
As a Healthcare Data Analyst Intern you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
* Working with data analysts and healthcare consultants in the management, analysis, interpretation and presentation of healthcare data including inpatient, outpatient, professional, and pharmacy claims
* Developing reports and perform analyses using SQL, R, and/or MicroStrategy business intelligence tool
* Developing data visualizations using graphs, charts, and tables to communicate findings to a lay audience
* Conducting data quality assurance activities, including the identification and resolution of data errors
* Communicating findings to internal audience and assist in presentation of reports to clients
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, (COMPANY NAME) requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
* Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution in public health, business, math, economics, or other health or data-related area
* Experience writing and executing SQL queries using joins, subqueries and indexing
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
* MicroStrategy report, document, and dashboard development experience
* Understanding of diagnosis and procedure codes and groupers
* Basic understanding of statistical concepts
* Proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and formulas
Location: Internships will be based remotely.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B, Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT))
Supporting Your Well-being
(COMPANY NAME) offers many programs to help you live your best life - both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, (COMPANY NAME) regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3x.xxx/xxxxxxx.
Learn more about (COMPANY NAME)'s creative solutions to the world's problems at wxx.xx.xxm or on Twitter @(COMPANY NAME).
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer. (COMPANY NAME) will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||9 months|