* Assist in screening of financing transactions: assists in development of deal flow. Performs analysis of proposals against established criteria (business and credit quality) and recommends action.
* Analyze deals, perform certain core due diligence processes for qualified deals and participate in negotiating terms of direct deals (in conjunction with deal leader and product specialists). Assist in transaction approval process, including dealing with senior management and credit officers. Co-ordinate with other deal participants. Sometimes negotiates closing documents with applicable advisors (e.g. lawyers, accountants, etc.).
* Develop effective working relationships with other departments (including credit group) and product specialists to incorporate their expertise in client management.
* Start building business relationships with clients, industry peers, other bank's syndication groups and applicable industry associations. Participate in industry seminars and conferences to foster business networking and deal generation.
* Monitor and report on account compliance and financial performance of assigned portfolio accounts.
* Identify and report on operating and compliance variances to team leader and credit function and obtain requisite approvals from senior management for credit amendment(s).
* Ensure data quality integrity for the assigned portfolio; and compliance with internal and external policies and procedures.
* Handle legal documentation where/when appropriate
* Handle administrative requirements around closing / deal renewal processes
* Advises on portfolio developments and new opportunities.
* Assists in executing exit strategies in keeping with overall business objectives
Skills, Knowledge, Attributes Requirement:
* Starter position with work / intern experience in finance - Business/Accounting/Math/Science degree.
* Analytic/systematic thinker, strong ability to identify core issues in business models and transactions.
* Understands financial statements/accounting: balance sheet, income statement, cash flow
* Experience in quantifying and qualifying business and financial risk.
* Some knowledge of corporate finance products including bank credit facilities, public debt and equity issuance and some basic familiarity with (commodity) hedging concepts.
* High-level competency in computer-based financial analysis and presentation (Microsoft Office)
* Team player creative, persistent, high energy, confident, results-oriented, good communicator, strong writing skills and committed to achieving objectives. Outgoing personality.
* Committed to meet deadlines
|Posted on:||21 Feb 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|