To submit your EY application, you must complete the below 4 steps:
* Step 1: Apply using your school's online recruiting system for only one of our positions
* Step 2: Apply through our online system at wxx.xx.xxx/xx/xxxxx. Select the job description for which you are applying: Campus Intern Application
* Step 3: Complete our Candidate Collect Form here https://ex.xxxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxA
* Step 4: Complete a Game Based Assessment via HireVue. Assessment link will be emailed to you separately once you have completed steps 1-3.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you'll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We'll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you'll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future - all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
The broad business perspective you get in EY's Assurance practice will serve as a launch pad to your career, whether you stay at EY to partner or seek a role in the C-suite. Our easy-to-use Audit Career Framework will help you map your successful career path, understand just what's expected of you, and access the right learning, experiences and coaching to support your career progression. Along the way, you'll develop a deep understanding of the inner workings of business and draw on your accounting knowledge to help solve complex challenges.
Your key responsibilities
Our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team is growing exponentially, and as an intern, you will play a key role in that growth. You will develop new, and enhance existing client relationships, serve on highly skilled project teams and deliver a first-class customer experience through high profile engagements. In return for helping us to build a better working world, you can expect excellent career opportunities within a dynamic and collaborative environment.
How will I spend most of my time?
* Demonstrating basic knowledge of complex financial accounting, reporting, disclosure, and internal controls over financial reporting concepts
* Executing high profile projects and engagements related to: finance optimization (e.g., process optimization and automation using RPA, AI & ML), strategic transactions (e.g., IPOs or mergers and acquisitions), sustainable finance (e.g., ESG reporting and long-term value strategy and reporting), or accounting standards change (e.g., CECL, LDTI or LIBOR).
* Understanding the client's industry and recognizing key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments. Staying informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client.
* Demonstrating your professionalism while working in clients' environments and providing exceptional service
* Develop and maintain long-term productive client relationships and networks.
What we look for
* You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We're looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
* You are curious and purpose driven. We're looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
* You are inclusive. We're looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
* Or be working toward, an undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting
* A strong academic record, including, without limitation, course work that EY deems relevant to this position
* A demonstrable plan for passing the CPA exam
* The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
* A driver's license valid in the U.S.
* Knowledge and understanding of a professional working environment
* Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills, and the confidence to identify and resolve problems
* A genuine passion for protecting the financial markets via audit procedures auditing, and the resilience to prioritize and adapt in a demanding, fast-moving, constantly changing environment
* A proven record of excellence in communication and negotiation, supported by the technical writing skills to translate data into compelling stories and meaningful insights
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills
* Candidates interested in the Government & Public Sector focus must have sole U.S. citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher, within the designated time frame, which will be determined by the engagement requirements for a security clearance.
Ideally, you'll also have
* A passion for activities outside of your studies, especially promoting your ability to collaborate as part of a diverse team
* An eagerness to learn how our clients operate across different industries
What we look for
We're most interested in well-rounded people who are naturally curious and ready to work on audit engagements from a wide range of backgrounds. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, as well the industry-recognized training you'll need to grow in your career. If you're a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in audit activities, this role is for you.
What's in it for you
* Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
* Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds - both professionally and culturally.
* Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
* Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society - building a better working world, together.
What working at EY offers
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Plus, we offer:
* Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the profession
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
* Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transaction services and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For applicants for jobs in our Denver office, EY complies with Colorado laws and regulations. Information can be found here
|Posted on:||11 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Auditing / Accounting|