A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the (COMPANY NAME) philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes (COMPANY NAME) such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About (COMPANY NAME), Incorporated
(COMPANY NAME) is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, (COMPANY NAME) DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. (COMPANY NAME) also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, (COMPANY NAME) operates in more than 80 countries. The (COMPANY NAME) Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Inbound Inventory Coordinator
Operates and maintains an efficient inbound material pipeline that supports the plant production schedules to meet customer service objectives. Minimize the cost of supply by helping to reduce losses due to obsolescence, aged inventory and transportation costs involved in delivering the packaging to the plant. Maintain inventories at optimal level that balances use of working capital against the risk of disruption to production. Communicate effectively between plants, suppliers, supply activity analysts, planners, commercial buyers and other functions to manage changes and exceptions. This role also serves as a Inbound team lead for key Commercial Operations projects.
What we are looking for:
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Transportation, Operations, or Supply Chain required
* 1-2 years of materials planning, purchasing and logistics planning or internship experience in a manufacturing setting
* Understandings of supply chain and manufacturing process
* Business and project management experience in a corporate setting
* Working knowledge of ERP system (e.g. SAP, AS400) and MRP modules
* Basic skills on standard software (e.g. MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc)
* Materials and logistics experience and knowledge
* Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented
* Good math, analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet the timeline
* Time management and prioritization
* Ability to work under stress in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
What you'll be doing:
* Ensure that all plants have inventory to support production schedule while reducing inventory investment.
* Determine packaging order quantity needs based on combination of production demand forecast, historical usage, pipeline inventory level and other key inputs such as run-out estimate and EOQ etc.
* Place orders with suppliers and maintain order status information up to date in system.
* Schedule packaging order releases with suppliers. Follow through the order to ensure timely and complete delivery to sites. Maintain order information accuracy in system.
* Manage inventory levels for assigned sites or customers to make the best use of allocated space and capital while minimizing the inventory risks due to obsolescence and interplant transfer freight cost.
* Consolidate orders to minimize LTL shipments from suppliers and between sites.
* Working with Commercial, suppliers and sites to ensure lead-times, safety stock levels and economic order quantities are consistent with best practices.
* Collaborate with suppliers, sites, operations planning as well as other functions to develop cost effective and efficient approach to resolve packaging shortages at sites.
* Manage packaging supply and inventory ramp-up/ramp-down for transition items. Maintain close and clear communication with key stakeholders to ensure changes to packaging, plant schedules and/or supplier sourcing options do not cause service disruptions.
* Assist with disposition of damaged materials and replacement of rejected shipments.
* Understand the operation process, capacity and delivery constraints of suppliers and sites and communicate effectively to both external parties and internal functions.
* Challenge data / directions from production schedules, initial order quantity, run out analysis and others in order to make the best decision for the business
* Coordinate the packaging run outs for transitions to new packaging.
* Work cross-functionally on new projects.
* Record issues affecting packaging supply chain. Drive continuous team improvements on process, collaboration and other areas
* Resolve related invoice issues
What to expect from (COMPANY NAME):
* The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
* An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
* To be respected and valued.
* The Five Principles at the center of every decision
* The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request
|Posted on:||11 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Food / Beverage / Tobacco|