(COMPANY NAME) Worldwide Shared Services ("DWSS") is an expanding team of process experts and accounting professionals who provide various shared accounting services to The Walt (COMPANY NAME) Company (including all business segments). Fixed Assets Accounting performs asset capitalizations and maintain the Fixed Asset sub-ledger for various lines of business across the Company.
Make an Impact by...
* Acting as an embedded team member within (COMPANY NAME)'s Fixed Asset Center of Excellence
* Gathering and analyzing data, performing computations and preparing cost segregations for Fixed Asset Capitalization
* Collaborating with business and accounting personnel throughout the company to obtain and analyze data for SOX compliance
* Perform ad hoc special projects & deliverables
* Working with our Fixed Asset dedicated tax team to prepare our corporate tax return for fixed asset related line items
What You Bring to the Role...
* A strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Strong time management and organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional "client service orientation"
* Proven problem-solving skills
* Flexible, "special-projects" orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
* Self-driven, independent thinker
* Demonstrated computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
* At least one previous internship or other accounting/tax experience with a CPA firm or medium-large corporation OR
* One or more parts of the CPA exam taken and passed
* Currently pursuing (or recently graduated within 6 months) a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax or other related major
* GPA of 3.0 or higher
* A grade of an A or B in Intermediate Accounting
* Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a (COMPANY NAME) College Program or (COMPANY NAME) Professional Internship
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a (COMPANY NAME) internship or program.
* Must possess unrestricted work authorization
* Program Dates: Must be fully available from June 2022 through January 2023
* Must be available to work full-time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
* Must provide own housing and transportation to and from work in the Orlando area. We provide housing opportunities for Florida Based Professional Interns through American Campus Communities, for more information click here
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
* Log into your dashboard
* Click the second tab "Applications"
* Select "Submitted Applications"
* Click on the title of this position
* Click the "Add Files" button
* Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"
* Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
|Posted on:||15 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Media / Advertising|
|Job duration:||12 months|