As a Pay and Benefits Intern you will be responsible for one or more Payroll & Benefits process(s). Develop effective relationships with the internal and external suppliers that administer the process. Assist with identifying and resolving operational issues & support process improvements. Work cross functionally with internal teams and suppliers.
Global Operations - HR processes and administers the payroll and related benefits for GE US employees and retirees. The Finance team's role is to support the accounting and financial reporting for US Payroll, the Executive Compensation and Pension plans, as well as prepare the Global Operations financial forecasts and budgets.
All internships will require completion of a mutually agreeable project and support for the team's daily operations.
The following are general areas of responsibilities/functions that may arise during your internship:
* Account reconciliation
* Prepare and post general ledger journal entries
* Support G/L Chart of Accounts standardization
* Support quarter close
* Annual Non-US stock option disclosure statements
* Support Lean process improvements
* Monthly budget reporting
* Retirement plan financial statement preparation
* Pension Trust cost analysis
* Must be a full-time, matriculated student at an accredited college or university for the entire internship
* Must be a Senior or in Grad School with a minimum GPA of 3.0
* Must be pursuing a degree in Finance or Accounting
* Must commit to one year (no summer internships)
* Must meet minimum hour requirements: 20 hours per week during school and 40 hours per week when school is not in session
* Must be authorized to work in the US
* Strong systems skills, experience with financial systems/applications
* Demonstrate organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Self-starter who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
* Ability to learn fast
* Desire to learn and achieve
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Ability to work in a team environment for a matrix organization
Global Operations is GE's multi-functional shared services. We operate worldwide, transfer knowledge and work with
every GE business to make our company simpler, better and more customer-focused. Our culture promotes
innovation, knowledge sharing, and collaboration in an open office environment that has leaders both sitting and
working alongside their team. We're looking for entrepreneurial problem-solvers who are passionate about exploring
new, efficient ways of working, while gaining exposure across multiple industries. Join the team and help us deliver
tomorrow's GE, today.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; New York; Schenectady
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening