At (COMPANY NAME) North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, (COMPANY NAME) is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
Title of Internship: Sourcing Intern
The Sourcing intern will support the Purchasing Advisor to proactively associate resources placed under the business unit's authority to lock in savings, reduce cost of ownership and improve efficiency and proficiency of the purchasing activities across the organization.
INTERN PROCUREMENT Location: 1900 Post Oak Blvd, Suite 1900 Houston, Texas 7xxx6 INTERNSHIP TERM: The internship work term will be from October 2019 for six to nine months. Preferably full time working 40 hours per week but will consider part time also.
(COMPANY NAME) INTERNSHIP OVERVIEW: Our Internship Program offers the unique opportunity to gain enterprise level hands-on experience while gaining valuable exposure to Houston's Energy business sector. The Intern will have opportunity to work on projects in Category Management. implementation.
Houston, TX / Finance
Essential Job Functions
* Assist in Spend analysis, data conversion to identify spend trend and purchasing activity.
* Assist in Request for Proposal (RFP) PROCESS AND Supplier Selection.
* Assist in Market research for index pricing.
* Assist in e-Procurement tool implementation.
* Assist Procurement team with specific project support
* Assist in classification for multiple entities data
* Classify/organize contracts and suppliers from M:\ and align with historical and projected spend for various category
* For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role. [Required unless role is open to inpatriates.]
Essential Physical Abilities
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Could involve some lifting.
* Must be at least a junior or senior (by end of spring semester) working toward a bachelor's degree, in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or any related field. Master's degree is a plus.
Must possess a 3.0 GPA or higher & be able to work up to 20 hours per week,
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills, experience ERP systems, databases, etc. is preferable.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the (COMPANY NAME) Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to (COMPANY NAME) North America Managers