Do you love non-fiction? Join Harper Wave/Broadside Books as an editorial intern this summer!
The HarperCollins Summer Internship Program is a paid 10-week program which runs from June 1 through August 7. All interns work Monday through Thursday, for a total of 28 hours per week. As a HarperCollins intern, you will learn about the entire publishing process - following one book from beginning to end while hearing from the people who worked on it in our weekly lunch and learn series (lunch is provided!). You will work on a publishing project throughout the summer with your fellow interns and have the opportunity to present your findings to senior staff. There are plenty of opportunities to network including an icebreaker bowling trip, and the end of the program culminates with a presentation called "How to Get a Job in Publishing" - offering advice on your resume, cover letter, interview, and networking.
* Updates/edits/inputs backlist title metadata, including updating off-page keywords, revising selling points, and reviewing retailer pages.
* Reads and evaluates manuscripts and book proposals from potential authors and compiles readers notes.
* Creates and edits factsheets.
* Writes and edits copy with supervision.
* Researches titles from competitors.
* Compiles mailing lists to send galleys and/or pre-on sale copies of titles.
* Researches influencers for upcoming titles, including podcasts, blogs, websites, etc..
* Must be available to start working in a full-time capacity in 2020/2021
* Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong analytical reading and writing skills
* Strong communication skills
* Is detail-oriented and organized
* Ability to juggle multiple projects
* Must have an interest in non-fiction (health/wellness/political)
* Applications MUST have a cover letter
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Locations US-NY-New York
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets