(COMPANY NAME) is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, (COMPANY NAME) is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At (COMPANY NAME), we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
(COMPANY NAME) seeks bright, talented, and intellectually curious students to add to our talent pipeline. As a paid Program and Communications Intern for USAID's Integrated Health Program in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (USAID IHP) in the International Development Division (IDD), you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience while learning from some of the top experts in the field. Interns will be exposed to a depth and breadth of expertise and knowledge through events and programs throughout the summer. Our summer internship program consists of a robust and structured curriculum that encompasses professional development opportunities, networking events, and a mentorship program. This position is located in Rockville.
The Summer Internship Program at (COMPANY NAME) is 10 weeks, beginning June 3 through August 9, xxx1. Interns must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) for the duration of the program. (COMPANY NAME) does not provide housing.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
This internship is geared for individuals interested in international development and global health. The intern will be working with USAID IHP' Regional Program Managers and Communications team to develop, refine, and support dissemination of various program deliverables and communications products. The intern will also have opportunity to learn about and support health technical areas including maternal, newborn, and child health; malaria; tuberculosis; reproductive health and family planning; nutrition; and water, sanitation, and hygiene.
* Assist with drafting and preparing project deliverables, technical briefs, presentations and abstracts; creating charts and graphs; developing PowerPoint slides; and editing and formatting.
* Assist with drafting and disseminating communications products such as success stories, newsletter articles, web updates, stories and features for social media and other external sources for Abt, USAID/DRC, USAID and other venues.
* Assist with preparation for meetings, and scheduling and set up and help with note-taking, dissemination of notes and action items for team meeting/calls.
* Support desk research, literature reviews and summarize findings/information in technical documents, reports, and related materials, as needed.
* Support additional project technical and communication needs such as supporting translation of key materials and deliverables, as needed.
* Support administrative needs such as organizing project documents and project files and other tasks/duties, as needed.
Department / Division Qualifications
* Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level degree program.
* Ideal candidates will have interest in international public health, development and/or public policy.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
* Analytical thinker and problem solver.
* Demonstrable editing skills.
* French language proficiency, especially reading and writing.
* Data visualization and analyses skills present a strong advantage.
Program Minimum Qualifications
* Has completed at least two years of college coursework
* Maintains a GPA of at least 3.2
* Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Is available to work full-time throughout the 10 week internship
* Is eligible to work in the United States
* Transitioning military are encouraged to apply
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, this position will be based as a telecommuter for the foreseeable future. Only when Abt reopens offices to all employees will there be an expectation that new hires return to the geographical office to which they were hired.
(COMPANY NAME) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. (COMPANY NAME) provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits
|Posted on:||05 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||2 months|