Start Date: Summer 2021
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Length of Assignment: 6 months
Education Level: Bachelor's or Master's graduate (must be able to commit to a 6-month full-time position, so applicants should not be currently enrolled in school)
Preferred Majors/Disciplines: Science or healthcare discipline of study preferred.
Given the current uncertainty of the global pandemic and work from home situation for 2021, this internship is currently planned to be virtual with the option for interns to work remotely from within the U.S. Borders. We will keep candidates informed if this changes.
Within this intern role, you will be supporting the Clinical Operations group within Genentech Research and Early Development (gRED) Early Clinical Development (ECD) Operations. ECD Operations provides expertise and oversight of clinical trial programs that support the overall early development strategies of the gRED portfolio.
You will gain hands-on experience in the day-to-day activities within gRED Clinical Operations, while also obtaining a high-level understanding of the execution of clinical trials needed to bring novel drugs to patients. You will be given specific tasks to support teams and functional roles within the department. You will also have an opportunity to shadow and follow individuals from the department to get exposure to the management and conduct of clinical trials. Some positions you may have the opportunity to shadow include: Project Coordinator (PC), contract Clinical Trial Associate (cCTA), Global Clinical Trial Leader (CTL), and Senior Clinical Program Leader (CPL).
You may be required to do the following tasks:
* Research on specific topics and provide a summary of the research to the host and group. Topics may include employee development (e.g., inspiring self and others, leadership building for employees), patient-centricity in clinical trials (e.g., obtaining patient insights to impact study design, creating patient surveys, researching new platforms for how to reach patients), and eTools (e.g., electronic devices to collect data/share information for patient retention and data enhancement).
* Interview and interact with internal and external key stakeholders to obtain input on various assigned projects.
* Support project/studies tracking when required.
* Prioritize workloads and ensure deadlines are met.
* Help review study or department related documents and reports and liaise with accountable members to address any inconsistencies and missing information, as appropriate.
* Develop a poster or presentation of your learning and present in one of the gRED ECD Operations forums.
Assignment of tasks may change based on the skills and interests of the intern.
* Good time management skills, self-motivated, a positive attitude.
* Strong customer focus.
* Excellent organization, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
* The ability to work independently and proactively in a sustainable fashion with minimal guidance.
* Flexibility and the ability to interact well within a team setting and work well in an ambiguous setting.
* Demonstration to communicate and collaborate effectively with junior and senior level professionals
|Posted on:||12 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||6 months|