As a User Experience (UX) Designer Intern at MilliporeSigma you'll be at the front line of innovation and technology, helping to bring ideas from concept to implementation. The User Experience (UX) Designer Intern is an analytical problem solver that can synthesize user research and business requirements into intuitive design solutions that deliver a compelling user experience to our customers balanced with an understanding of our business goals. Designers work as part of the user experience team in a highly collaborative interdisciplinary environment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to design the user experience for future features on the leading ecommerce site in the life science industry.
* Translating business and user requirements into design solutions for end-users and other stakeholders
* Proposing pragmatic solutions that are consistent with industry best practices and user expectations, while balancing technical, data and schedule constraints
* Collecting and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data to make design decisions based on test results and usability standards/best practices
* Prototyping applications on paper and in HTML as needed
* Working closely with development teams
* Extensive knowledge of various web development technologies, trends in technology and design patterns including mobile/responsive design is required
Ideal academic profile, i.e. degrees, major(s) / focus areas:
* Technical degree in Design, Information Technology or Computer Science
* Currently pursuing a Masters or MBA
Skills, experience or capabilities for the internship:
* Knowledge of UCD principles
* Experience designing for responsive web and mobile apps
* Experience with UX deliverables (storyboards, wireframes, low/high fidelity designs/prototypes)
* Working knowledge of web services & modern application architectures (REST, SPAs, HTML, CSS, JS)
* Experience with Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop) and preferably Axure and Sketch.
Job Requisition ID: 2xxxx4
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: A - Current Student
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 8xx xxx xxx8 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday