Who we are looking for
The Converse Communications function shapes Converse's story to ultimately inform, inspire and connect our internal and external communities. We do this by cultivating authentic relationships, while telling engaging and impactful stories to help our employees and the world connect with Converse's brand, purpose, and products.
We are creative problem-solvers who build and defend the brand. We are curious, thoughtful and ambitious. Our experience is diverse, and we have the ability and openness to think and do things in new ways. We are solutions-oriented, flexible, and self-driving. We can think big, do the due diligence and deliver, yet also change course quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We are excited to bring a Summer 2023 Corporate Communications Intern to our team. We are looking for a student who has had previous educational and professional communications experiences in the realm of ESG and/or Sustainability and is currently working towards their Master's in Communications and/or a Master's in ESG Communications with an anticipated graduation date of Spring 2024.
This person will embody the spirit of Converse's ambitions to do the right thing, to continue to transform the way we make and do things, and to push the boundaries of what's possible.
They'll have an analytical mind, a passion for storytelling, critical thinking skills and a pulse on the ever-evolving sustainability in footwear and/or retail landscape.
What you will work on
You will be working under the leadership of the Global Corporate Communications Director, while collaborating cross-functionally across the business and within the broader communications function.
In this role, you will support the ongoing planning and development of Converse's Purpose Communications strategy - with a particular focus on sustainability - by collaborating across the business to identify and shape stories and launch new products and campaigns. In addition to delivering tangible communications results, you will be responsible for supporting the development of useful tools and guardrails.
Your work will help to advance the Converse narrative through clear, consistent, breakthrough purpose and product storytelling.
While there is no such thing as a typical week at Converse, your days might include organizing and leading assigned projects and events, participating in team idea generation, working with Converse teammates and partners to answer questions, identify story opportunities and gather data and insights information.
You will assist in communications research and reporting, as well as writing and editing press materials. You will be responsible for keeping a pulse on the latest sustainability communications landscape. You will learn how to work across the organization to successfully drive the creation of Communication plans
What you bring
* You're a full-time graduate student working towards a Master's Degree with a planned graduation date of Spring 2024. You're majoring in Communications and or ESG Communications.
* A passion for Converse, culture, and creativity
* A fascination with fashion and/or sneaker industry, with clear point of view on sustainability in the industry, key players, and a perspective on where it's headed
* A track record of educational and professional experiences related to Purpose Communications, ESG and/or Sustainability Communications and Reporting
* Experience with leading a communications plan, or critical aspects of a communications plan
* Strong writing and organization skills
* Knowledge of the media landscape, journalist research and experience with media relations
* Knowledge of Keynote (priority), PowerPoint, Excel, project management tools like Asana, and file sharing tools like Google Drive and Box
|Posted on:||23 Sep 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|