No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 8xxx8 - Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Colgate-Palmolive invites applications for the Enterprise Service Management internship position for the Global Information Technology (GIT) organization. This candidate will join the GIT Enterprise Service Management team to help with administration of applications and troubleshoot issues that directly impact the performance and reliability of the global data center.
The ESM team supports solutions responsible for automation, alerting, reporting and discovery of hardware, software and network equipment located globally. This position involves working on applications such as Splunk, developing and proposing possible solutions across our application catalog, collaborating with our 2nd and 3rd level support and operations teams to develop new alerts and participate in projects within a cross functional team environment. This candidate will have an opportunity to participate in some of the research projects and analyze the tools' features.
* Develop automation playbooks using python
* Configure monitoring events on availability and performance of data center hardware and software
* Deploy, upgrade, and maintain enterprise tools to stay align in alignment with industry standards
* Leverage discovery solutions to provide inventory details
* Build reports and dashboards using our collected data for increased analytics
* Grasp technical concepts quickly and apply learning's based on Global GIT standards.
* Analyze current implementations and automate solutions for increased efficiency
* Utilize new technology and skills to achieve faster and better results for organization teams
* Maintain and expand current technical expertise including new industry trends, Colgate strategic partnerships, and self-study
This position requires the following qualifications:
* Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's program in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business/IT Systems Management, or a similar discipline
* A current GPA of 3.0 or above
* Documentation of authorization to work in the US, and not requiring visa sponsorship now or in the future
* Must be available to work at Colgate's Piscataway, NJ location beginning in May 2020
* A basic understanding of enterprise databases and Windows/Linux operating systems monitoring
* Aptitude for research and analysis
* Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate in a team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognised brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom's of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill's Science Diet and Hill's Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate's global business, visit the Company's web site at http://wxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education programme, please visit http://wxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill's Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://wxx.xxxxxxxx.xxx. To learn more about Tom's of Maine please visit http://wxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Axxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxm with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation