For two decades, we have pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics. With our invention of the GPU - the engine of modern visual computing - the field has expanded to encompass video games, movie production, product design, medical diagnosis and scientific research. Today, we stand at the beginning of the next era, the AI computing era, ignited by a new computing model, GPU deep learning. This new model - where deep neural networks are trained to recognize patterns from massive amounts of data - has proven to be deeply effective at solving some of the most complex problems in everyday life.
The Simulation Technology Robotics team develops tools for robotics motion generation, combining deep learning with model-based methods while working closely with (COMPANY NAME) Research and the Isaac Sim, Isaac Gym, and Isaac SDK product teams. Areas of focus span from agile legged locomotion to dexterous and reactive control of manipulators. We measure the success of our work on real-world hardware but rely on simulation as a primary tool for system development, training, and testing.
We are now looking for a Robotics R&D Intern for our Simulation Technology Robotics team!
What you will be doing:
* Designing planning and control systems for legged robots and robotic arms.
* Building and improving models of the dynamics of these systems using real-world data.
* Developing robust and performant implementations of planning and control algorithms.
* Refining, training, and testing control schemes in simulation.
What we need to see:
* You are pursuing a PhD, MS, or BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Expertise in robotics, machine learning, or physics simulation.
* Experience with modern C++ and/or Python.
* You are self-motivated and willing to work with a distributed team to break new ground.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
* You possess a passion for robotics and machine learning.
* Additional experience in simulation, computer graphics, numerical methods, or a related area that combines mathematical and software prowess.
* Prior research or projects related to motion planning and control.
* Experience with Deep Learning frameworks (e.g., PyTorch) and/or parallel programming, including CUDA C++.
* You are comfortable working in multifaceted and ever-evolving environments.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.