(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. (COMPANY NAME) accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With (COMPANY NAME) solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://cxxxxxx.xxxxxx.xxx.
(COMPANY NAME) offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of (COMPANY NAME) differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As an Intern at (COMPANY NAME), you'll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You'll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects and springboard into an impactful career. At (COMPANY NAME), you will become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full (COMPANY NAME) experience. You'll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
At this position, you would be part of the vRealize Network Insight team, working on novel applications of network analytics, verification, and machine learning to enable operations of virtual and physical network infrastructure. The team has a startup culture, formed of two pioneering startups (Arkin and Veriflow) recently acquired by (COMPANY NAME). You'll work alongside founders, PhDs, IITs and seasoned network industry engineers.
* Pursuing Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
* Coursework (in some) of the following: Algorithms, Data Structures, Storage and/or Operating Systems, Computer Architecture, Machine Learning, Compilers, Networking, Distributed Systems, Analytics, Web Development
* Knowledge in one or more of the programming languages: C, C++, Java, or Go programming
* School and/or industry projects involving significant design and development
* Experience developing client-server or distributed, multi-threaded applications
* Experience with network verification or formal verification technology
* Experience developing user space and kernel modules
* Exposure to SaaS or FaaS, modeling/optimization techniques
* Previous internship experience is a plus
* Ability to work independently
* Strong teamwork and communication skills
* Knowledge of availability/fault domains
* Knowledge of ML/heuristics analysis
* Knowledge of Python, Perl, shell, or other scripting languages
* Exposure to container technologies - container orchestrators (Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm Mode) is a plus
* Experience with cloud-based services, microservices, a cloud computing class or similar experience
* Knowledge of NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.) and/or search-based datastores and libraries (Lucene, Solr, etc.)
* Willingness to contribute to open source projects is a plus
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: (COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at (COMPANY NAME) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. (COMPANY NAME) will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. (COMPANY NAME) encourages applicants of all ages. (COMPANY NAME) will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
|Posted on:||13 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|