Intern - Legal - Privacy
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use (COMPANY NAME) Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to (COMPANY NAME) to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you're connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it's the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, (COMPANY NAME) finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://cxxxxxx.xxxxxx.xxx/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We are searching for a talented, dynamic and hands on Intern to be part of the Legal Privacy team. You will be involved in a wide range of privacy-related matters and contributing to our ongoing mission to create a best-in-class privacy program for (COMPANY NAME).
As a member of the Legal Privacy team, your responsibilities will include:
* Supporting the Privacy team in conducting Privacy assessments.
* Supporting the maintenance of a global corporate data privacy program and compliance standards working in close collaboration with the wider Data Privacy Office team.
* Assisting the Privacy team to provide guidance, support and leadership on privacy and data protection legislation and regulation in Europe particularly the GDPR.
* Collaborating with and supporting other lawyers with respect to legal forms, agreements, policies, and notices in order to protect commercial and legal position in relation to data privacy requirements.
* Supporting critical incident management processes in addressing suspected or actual data privacy and security incidents.
* Assisting with training and education to legal staff, management and employees relating to data privacy and protection in Europe, including key legal issues, laws and regulations, corporate policies, and other relevant matters.
* Current law student pursuing a JD in an accredited law school.
* Desire to work in Data Protection/Privacy.
* Strong academic record.
* Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail and sense of urgency.
* Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
* Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
* Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
* Enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference
* Ability to think creatively, take ownership of tasks and adapt to changing business requirements
* Motivated self-learner with the passion and follow through to acquire new skills
* High level of accountability and integrity
* Work well in a global virtual environment that is fast-paced and constantly changing
* MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Ability to work with cross functional teams
* Effective presentation skills
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by (COMPANY NAME).
This role is available to currently enrolled students pursuing their Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school. The internship program is a 12 week program during Summer 2021.
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: (COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at (COMPANY NAME) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. (COMPANY NAME) will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. (COMPANY NAME) encourages applicants of all ages. (COMPANY NAME) will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.