Full Time/ Days/ Seasonal
$20.00 per hour
Must be able to sufficiently read, write, and speak English due to the safety sensitivity of this role
Position works with limited independence to assist the Maintenance Department and Maintenance Technicians, repairing and installing production/manufacturing equipment. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and repairs or make adjustments as needed.
This position requires continuous work near heat, noise, gas, and chemicals. The position requires frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending, and kneeling. The position may require weekend and/or holiday work. (OFFSHIFT)
* Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment
* Perform repairs on production equipment as needed
* Oversee or perform general housekeeping
* Work independently under limited supervision (self-management)
* Documentation of work schedule and work tasks completed
* 18 years or older
* Be enrolled in formal schooling in a Mechatronics or similar Industrial Maintenance course (e.g., certification program, technical/community college) OR recently graduated from such a program or course within the last 6 months
* If course is not yet complete, must be on course to complete said formal schooling within 6 months of application date
* Must be able to sufficiently speak, read and write English, due to the safety sensitivity of this role
* Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
* Experience with mechanical set up (lubrication, sprockets, belts, chains).
* Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).
* Experience with machine shop skills (e.g., hydraulic press, drill press, hand tools)
* Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, seals, bearings).
* Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays, motors)
* Experience with conveyers and Airveyor (air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls).
* Experience with hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves, troubleshooting).
* Experience with pneumatics (solenoids, cylinders, motor brakes, reading, troubleshooting).
* Experience with pneumatics/air compression (e.g., valves, cylinders, etc.).
* Experience with preventative maintenance
* Experience working in team-based environments (working together with others). >
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View (COMPANY NAME) EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
|Posted on:||23 Sep 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Food / Beverage / Tobacco|