(COMPANY NAME) is seeking a Summer 2020 Supply Chain Intern in Bay Area (June-July). You will work with the Supply Chain team at (COMPANY NAME) to assist with and learn to manage assembly line processes in our Santa Clara warehouse, where you will be responsible for helping complete builds, tracking our Kanban manufacturing process, validation of completed hardware, and proposing improvements to manufacturing and assembly. You will also assist with supply chain analyses, business case development, and various inventory audits and vendor analyses in our SF office. This is a paid internship (30hours/week).
Who you are
Are you fascinated by how delightful products come from nothing (or just a few parts) and magically show up on a doorstep? Do you have an innate need to understand the nuts and bolts and numbers of producing and assembling devices at scale? Do you love the warm feeling that comes from a well organized work area or room, and the sense of accomplishment in shaving 10% off the time it takes you to complete daily tasks? Does a well laid-out, multi-step diagram speak volumes to you? Does managing the complexity of supply chain with a lot of stakeholders from finance to accounting to product to engineering to assembly get you jazzed? If so, we want you!
We are ideally looking for a candidate who has a business background along with an excellent understanding of assembly processes and is well organized - a practicing supply chainer! You're currently pursuing a degree in Business, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or a related field and want to solve complex and interesting problems. You demonstrate a high level of curiosity and thirst for learning. You are a strong team player who wants to contribute to the delivery process for a product that impacts the lives of business owners and consumers alike.
What you'll be doing
* Assist in creating assembly processes for a custom built POS terminal
* Create an
* Manufacturing and Assembly Program Management: audit quality on our manufacturing line for our Android SoC, touch display, PCBA, plastic and sheet metal vendors
* Assist with the assembly process, developing a hands-on knowledge of how our product comes together
* Supervise the Kanban flow and provide detailed inventory and WIP analytics and reporting
* Learn and manage the returns process for defective or RMA'd units
* Use your experience to propose ways to optimize the final assembly of the (COMPANY NAME) kiosk at our Santa Clara warehouse
* Project/Product Management: drive cross-functional alignment with design, product, and engineering, articulate complex manufacturing/supply chain concepts to business leaders, provide analysis on potential issues and tradeoffs for key decisions.
What we are looking for
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, manufacturing, or a related field at a top-tier university
* Ability to solve business problems, design and understand and execute business processes, and communicate processes in a clear way to stakeholders
* Demonstrate intellectual curiosity
* Previous internship in a supply chain or manufacturing function
* Business Acumen - understand business drivers
* Process Design - apply structured methods to analyze manufacturing processes and propose improvements
* Build relationships - influence the manufacturing process and cultivate morale on the assembly line floor
At (COMPANY NAME), our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use (COMPANY NAME) to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use (COMPANY NAME) to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. (COMPANY NAME) drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. (COMPANY NAME) has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let's love local. Visit wxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxm for more information