Operations Project Management (PM) is a relatively young organization within Operations with new processes and infrastructure. PM processes are built on a solid foundation, but there are many process opportunities that continue to be areas of opportunity for improvement. Some of these opportunities are known and others are yet to be discovered.
* Day to day - Work in a project coordinator capacity to:
* Gain project coordinator/manager experience
* Aid with in-process projects
* Understand current method of operating in Ops PM
* Project - Highlight top 5 areas for improvement in Ops PM
* Review current state Ops PM, utilizing existing process maps and guidance information
* Create new content, as needed
* Make updates to any process maps or guidance information where process and documentation differ.
* Prioritize opportunities by impact to business
* Implement at least 2 of the top 5 identified improvements
* Self starter that can be trusted to get activities done with minimal oversight.
* Ask questions when deliverables or tasks are unclear
* Ability to problem solve & critically think
* At a minimum, in school working towards a bachelors
What you will learn:
* Exposure and experience in a project coordinator role (Introduction to Project Management)
* Develop the ability to break down a process and see opportunities for improvement
* Data driven decision making
* Interaction with multiple departments and functions across the business
* Stakeholder management
Given the current uncertainty of the global pandemic and work from home situation for 2021, the majority of internships are currently planned to be virtual with the option for interns to work remotely from within U.S. Borders. Internships that operate in business critical roles, such as Operations and Research & Development may require you to work on campus. We will keep candidates informed if this changes.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at Ux.firstname.lastname@example.org