The Summer @ (COMPANY NAME) Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the (COMPANY NAME) organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
* Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2021
* Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
* Must have a ≥3.0 GPA. Please attach a copy of your transcript in order to be considered for this internship opportunity.
* Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poster Symposium).
* Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
* Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
* Daily communication interface with the Instrument Manufacturing Line engineers and the line technicians
* Support Technical meetings of data review and design reviews directly linked to manufacturing issues.
* Drive / support Root cause investigations of process issues as well as piece part failures associated with the Instrument manufacturing lines
* Level of education: in process of completing Bachelors or Masters in Engineering
* knowledge area: Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical
* Ability to utilize statistical S/W such as Minitab
* Ability to perform root cause analysis (fishbone, 5 whys….)
What you will learn:
* Data driven decision making to ensure efficient change efforts
* Advanced analytical techniques and best practice support strong root cause investigations
* Cross functional / cross departmental team experience
Given the current uncertainty of the global pandemic and work from home situation for 2021, the internships under critical roles, such as Operations may be a hybrid of virtual and work on campus. We will keep candidates informed if this changes.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at Ux.firstname.lastname@example.org
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||3 months|