At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
(COMPANY NAME)'s Strategic Sourcing Teams develop and implement multi-year strategies for assigned commodities, suppliers and parts/services to achieve established goals in supplier quality, delivery, price and service. They align strategy and execution with cross-functional partners such as engineering, manufacturing, product management and functional owners. They execute the competitive bid, negotiation, contracting processes and/or technical continuous improvement for assigned commodities or services; collaborate across Business Units and cross-regions for optimal TE leverage. Our teams demonstrate a high level of expertise in procurement competencies (business/supply chain acumen, negotiation, sourcing strategy development and execution, global savvy, and project and product lifecycle management) and ensure results are delivered compliant with TE policies and procedures.
What you'll be doing...
As a Strategic Sourcing Intern, you are responsible for;
* Support Strategic Sourcing Analyst in North America.
* Organizational and Administrative Support
* Conduct spend analysis programs to drive cost savings and supplier improvements
* Review and analyze supplier performance data to make effective business decisions and recommendations.
* Review supplier compliance responses. Contact suppliers for compliance information.
* SAP record maintenance
* Prepare and initiate RFQ's.
* Place Purchase Orders.
* Assist with reconciling invoices for payments.
* Effective problem-solving skills and customer service focus
Click here to learn more about Life at TE
What your background should look like:
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's in a related field and/or 1 year of relevant experience
* Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, V-lookups, reports, and analysis
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at wxx.xx.xxm and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What (COMPANY NAME) offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
* Generous 401(k) Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Benefits start on day one
* Charity Donation Matching Program
* Competitive Paid Time Off
* Employee Resource Groups
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Healthcare for Associates and Families
* Health and Wellness Incentives
* Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
Travel: Less than 10%
Requisition ID: 7xxx1
|Posted on:||11 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|