As the leading independent modern media company, (COMPANY NAME) ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the (COMPANY NAME) Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and (COMPANY NAME) Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
(COMPANY NAME) has been named one of Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies in Media," an Inc. "Company of the Year," Digiday's "Best Company for Parents," and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
This role will live in the Revenue part of the organization which handles (COMPANY NAME)'s marketing and advertising partnerships with brands and clients. It will report to the Head of Operations and Development, and partner closely with all teams within Revenue, People & Culture, and Office Operations, as well as team leads, people managers, and directly with employees. With these partnerships, this person is responsible for continuing to create a workplace at (COMPANY NAME) where people want to work, and where people will want to stay once they work here.
Please note this role will be remote until September 2021 when we plan to fully re-open our offices. While we do have employee hubs in SF, LA, CHI, DC and employees are remote, this person will need to be based in New York City starting September 2021 given the number of employees and events that will need to be planned and executed. They will need to be available in the office and at on-site locations for events, and can set their in-person schedule otherwise.
You should apply if:
* You have an interest in the advertising and marketing industry, whether you're already in the industry or looking to get into the industry.
* You believe that people are essential to running a successful business, and have created touch points, systems and initiatives that enable people to love where they work.
* You're an advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion. You know race, gender, sexual orientation, age, ableism and the intersectionality of identities can impact workplace experiences. You have successfully adapted and evolved programming, communications, events, and initiatives with the consideration of different experiences.
* You can connect with, and build relationships with anyone, anywhere. You're a people person who would like to bring those skills to a work environment.
* You have exceptional time management, communication, and organizational skills, and pride yourself on attention to detail. You're able to track multiple projects moving at different speeds, share timely updates with key stakeholders where needed, and create focus around areas that require increased attention.
What you'll do:
* Scale virtual and in-person employee events, meetings and workshops in a hybrid work model, with a focus on employee engagement
* Work with cross-functional stakeholders, Learning & Development and People & Culture on programming for internship and fellowship initiatives
* Collaborate with people management and employees to brainstorm, design, schedule, execute and measure career development, employee engagement and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
* Own and elevate onboarding and new hire experiences which currently includes department 101s and overviews, meeting senior leadership and adding new hires to all communication and workflow channels
* Maintain and manage team wikis to ensure information is timely, accessible and easy to navigate
* Manage and track the organization's individual professional development fund to ensure smooth operations, and to identify trends and learnings that apply to other areas
* Work on projects as needs arise in organizational effectiveness, knowledge sharing, team and social events, onboarding, career development and diversity, equity and inclusion
* Evaluate ongoing approaches for opportunities of improvement, applying best practice to consistently elevate our standards
About working at (COMPANY NAME):
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits-including flexible hours and generous parental leave. (COMPANY NAME) strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun-and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. (COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law
|Posted on:||11 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|