Unified Brands is a leader in professional foodservice equipment design, manufacturing and service. With an extensive portfolio of premium branded product lines to include Groen, Randell, Avtec, A la Cart and Power Soak, Unified Brands offers foodservice operators the essential equipment needed to support the varied menus of today's commercial kitchens. With an emphasis on custom fabrication and comprehensive foodservice preparation solutions, Unified Brands is a single source for cooking equipment, Sous Vide/cook-chill production, refrigeration, ventilation, utility distribution, conveyor, continuous motion washing, and meal delivery systems - with the ease of a single integrated business platform for sales, support, service, manufacturing and business operations.
POSITION: Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineering Manager Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Classification: Hourly Division: Michigan Operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
* Improve manufacturing productivity, on-time delivery, quality and safety resulting in cost savings with at least one of the following projects:
* Research, create justification and implement equipment, tooling and/or fixtures
* Application of 'Lean Manufacturing' tools to address non-valued added work content
* Implement solutions to address high-risk factors on Job Safety and Ergonomic assessed jobs
* Support engineering change activities for manufacturing.
* Participate in insuring product quality both in day-to-day assembly and overall reliability.
* Develop and document standard work processes for manufacturing assembly lines.
* Design jigs/fixtures that ensure materials are produced efficiently and conform to print specification.
* Interface with Production Engineers to ensure that best manufacturing practices, current machine capabilities, and materials are understood and used where possible.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to read blue prints at a basic level.
* Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
* Performing time studies and setting work standards at a basic level.
* CAD or 3D modeling system operation knowledge at a basic level.
* Ability to think spatially and creatively at a basic level.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of 'Lean Manufacturing' principles at a basic level.
* Knowledge of sheet metal uses and formation, sheet metal working, and sheet metal applied technology at a basic level.
* Knowledge of refrigeration systems and applied technology at a basic level.
* Knowledge of electrical systems and applied technology at a basic level.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Actively pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or Manufacturing Technologies.
* Any work related manufacturing engineering or design experience preferred.
12 - 33%
34 - 66%
67 - 100%
* General office environment with several hours daily in the manufacturing plant.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of team members so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law
|Posted on:||15 Sep 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|