The (COMPANY NAME) Board of Auditors (the Board) comprises of the Auditor-Generals of Germany, Chile and China who are mandated to conduct audits of the (COMPANY NAME) and its funds and programmes.
This internship opportunity is in the Secretariat of the Board with minimum of two months and possible extension depending on the needs. Interns work up to five days per week -35 hours and UNPAID. The selected intern will be reporting directly to the Executive Secretary of the Board.
Under the supervision of the Executive Secretary or a staff member of the Board of Auditors Secretariat the intern will:
* Perform ad-hoc tasks related to audits of the (COMPANY NAME), its Funds and Programmes;
* Attend and summarize conferences and meetings;
* Assist in organising the annual sessions of the Board of Auditors;
* Perform research tasks and draft documents as needed;
* Compile statistics and prepare tables as needed;
* Perform ad hoc tasks as needed.
* Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
* Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
* Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
* Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent);
* Be computer literate in standard software applications, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel;
* Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the (COMPANY NAME) and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
* Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
We are especially interested in candidates pursuing studies in the following areas: Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Auditing and Statistics.
A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation or equivalent is desirable.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required; Knowledge of another official (COMPANY NAME) language is an advantage.
Potential candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration.
Interns are not financially remunerated by the (COMPANY NAME). Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of interns or their sponsoring institutions. For internships in the United States of America, interns who are not United States citizens, permanent residents or not currently in the United States on a non-immigrant visa status will be required to obtain a G-4 visa. If already in the United States of America on another non-immigrant visa status other than G-4, interns will be responsible for ensuring that they have a valid visa, and if required, employment authorization, allowing them to undertake the internship.
The internship is for a periods between two to four month with an opportunity of extension
* Winter/Spring/Summer: between 1 February - 31 July 2021
* Fall: between 1 September - 31 December 2021
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
* The candidate's prefered timeframe for the internship.
* Title of degree the candidate is currently pursuing.
* The candidates graduation date.
* The skills and software programmes the candidate is proficient in.
* An explanation why applicant is the best candidate for this internship.
In your Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, (COMPANY NAME) staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the (COMPANY NAME) in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS
|Posted on:||07 Oct 2020|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|