Find your purpose, gain real-world experience and develop lasting mentor relationships!
As an AVANGRID intern, you will be part of our team by supporting the company's strategic direction while tackling unique industry challenges. During this internship, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside mentors and professionals who rank among the best in their fields. This program is a key pipeline for full-time opportunity and development programs at AVANGRID. As part of our intern program, you may be exposed to several areas, working on special projects as assigned.
Our Business Strategy & Development Internship covers a spectrum of business groups front and center as it comes to organizational strategy and growth. These groups include, but are not limited to: CEO Office, Business Development, Mergers & Acquisition, Offshore Development, Power Trading and Smart Grids Innovation. As part of the program, you'll partake in key projects focused on innovation, modelling, research, financing and data analytics. We expect all of our interns to contribute and bring fresh perspective to Avangrid leadership as we evolve at the forefront of the Energy industry. As part of the Avangrid Business Strategy & Development internship, we look for critical thinkers who can help shape our approach to the future of the organization.
The Opportunity Includes:
* A dynamic 10-week internship program
* Participate in a dynamic internship program where you'll work on innovative projects
* Collaborate in an innovative and energized environment with a chance to make an impact.
* Create a comprehensive presentation of your work completed during the program for presentation to the wider organization at the conclusion of the program.
* Undertake cross-functional activities to broaden your knowledge of AVANGRID and its companies
* Interaction, networking and exposure to various levels of leadership and management
* Amazing mentorship opportunities
* Top summer interns may be eligible to receive full time offers to join the team or the Avangrid Leadership training program, AGILE, following the successful completion of their degree
What you need:
Skills & Abilities:
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* A desire to further develop skills in modelling, research, data analytics, financing
* Self-motivated and able to work independently
* Ability and desire to work in a team environment.
* Ability to learn quickly
* Creative and innovative thinking
Education & Experience Required:
* Sophomores or Juniors currently pursuing a Bachelor's or 1st year Masters/MBA Students
* Preferred concentrations in fields that cultivate strategy and analytical skills, such as Engineering, Data Analytics, Finance and Business Administration
* Legally authorized to work in the United States without the requirement for future sponsorship
WHERE do students work?
AVANGRID's energy delivery companies include:
* Berkshire Gas Company (BGC)
* Central Maine Power (CMP)
* New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG)
* Rochester Gas and Electric (RG&E)
* United Illuminating (UIL), Southern Connecticut Gas (SCG),
* Connecticut Natural Gas Corporation (CNG)
* Renewables (REN)
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables