(COMPANY NAME) is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in both Nairobi and New York, Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
What You'll Do:
* Assist in competitive market analysis and fleshing out persona details
* Help to identify key product opportunities and help define product requirements
* Understand customer experience; propose a feature/solution; creating a prototype of such a solution
* Update documentation related to user touchpoints; create impact on user experience
* Present insights and findings to key stakeholders and leaders
What We're Looking For:
* Passion and interest in product and customer experience.
* Leadership experience through jobs, projects, or extracurriculars.
* Relevant experience in technology, finance, or software development.
* Proficiency with Python, SQL, Jupyter, and APIs
* Familiarity with Plotly Dash, Excel, Tableau, and PowerBI
* Pursuing a degree in computer science or related field.
* Full-time, 40 hours per week
* Remote and/or Gro NYC office
* June 1 - August 1x xxx1
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi and New York City. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro's team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
(COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know
|Posted on:||04 May 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||9 months|