Brookfield Place New York - 225 Liberty Street, Suite 4310
Business - Brookfield Oaktree Wealth Solutions
(COMPANY NAME), a leading global alternative asset manager, has an exemplary 100+ year history of owning and operating real assets and related businesses. In 2019, Brookfield acquired a majority interest in Oaktree Capital, a leader among global investment managers specializing in credit and other alternative investments. Together, Brookfield and Oaktree share a long-term, value-driven, contrarian investment style, focusing on sectors in which their in-depth operating experience and market knowledge provide a competitive advantage.
Brookfield Oaktree Wealth Solutions is a newly created entity serving the global wealth management channel, delivering the strength and expertise of Brookfield and Oaktree across private and public funds. The business unit is dedicated to effectively supporting the financial intermediary community and bringing timely & unique solutions to market with the individual investor in mind.
Brookfield has a unique and dynamic culture. We seek team members who have a long-term focus and whose values align with our Attributes of a Brookfield Leader: Entrepreneurial, Collaborative and Disciplined. Brookfield is committed to the development of our people through challenging work assignments and exposure to diverse businesses.
The firm is seeking a Learning & Development Intern to join the BOWS L&D team in its New York office. This person will be an integral part of the team and will be responsible for the coordination and planning of learning events and initiatives for a global group. The person will work closely with the L&D lead and will regularly interact with our sales teams and supporting functions, and senior management.
Responsibilities: Support all aspects of L&D for the global BOWS organization, including:
* Learning Technology System support: Assist in the administration of professional development programs, including tracking employee participation and completions. Upload and maintain, training content, employee training records, and learning technology system data.
* Training Program support: Assist in the development and implementation of training programs, including coordinating logistics, scheduling sessions, and preparing training materials.
* Learning & Development practices: support the enhancement of L&D best practices and standard operating procedures, as well as the improvement of current tools and processes.
* Training Needs analysis: Support the team in conducting training needs assessments to identify skill gaps and learning opportunities within the organization.
* Metrics & Measurement: Help with standard metrics and measurements and creating report out scoreboards to share the effectiveness of development opportunities.
* Collaborate with subject matter experts and product management team to update and improve training content and materials.
* Update training collateral at regular intervals and assist with the development of training content.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* Pursuing a Bachelor's degree
* Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
* Team player, resourceful, curious, open to feedback
* Ability to independently manage a full workload and respond to shifting priorities
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, including senior executives and external partners
* Self-starter with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
* Learning background a plus
Hourly Range: $20 - $30/hr
Brookfield is committed to maintaining a Positive Work Environment that is safe and respectful; our shared success depends on it. Accordingly, we do not tolerate workplace discrimination, violence or harassment.
We are proud to create a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are grateful for your interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for pre-screening will be contacted
|02 Nov 2023
|Type of job:
|Banking / Finance