What You'll do:
* You will partner with internal clients using a consultative approach to understand business problems, identifying the team's key challenges, provide/prototype solutions, and help solve using statistical analysis and tools
* You'll work to define and decipher problems by using available data and making reasonable assumptions and will turn mounds of data into actionable insights to help drive improvements for customers, for the business, and for our operations
* Identify data sources, and correlate data across them, to develop insights that drive operational improvements
* You will have the ability to support, influence and challenge business decisions with data and timely & insightful analyses
* You will communicate analysis findings and recommendations to various levels including organization leadership in a clear, concise, and influential manner
* You will become a data guru - you'll become the point of contact for data questions and insights
* You'll turn data-based findings and insights into hypotheses for AB testing through analytical rigor
* You'll monitor engagement and conversion trends across the network, identify breaks in trends, understand underlying drivers, and surface opportunities and threats
* You'll develop self-service reporting for product and development teams, by collecting and integrating data from various sources, including web analytics tools and internal databases
* Present a holistic analysis to analytics and busines leadership
Who You are:
Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in an analytical field such as:
* Marketing Science
* Computer Science
* Graduating in December 2020 or Spring 2021
* 3.0 or above minimum cumulative G.P.A with prior internship, related projects or leadership experience
* Demonstrated experience solving problems with data querying using SQL, statistics and modeling in classes, projects or prior work experience
* Strong analytical skills, self-motivation and the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
* Skills in Tableau, R, Python are a bonus for data transformation, analysis and visualization
Your internship will include:
* Dedicated support from your manager and mentor for the summer
* Social, community and learning events
* Relocation assistance, if eligible
* Hotel discounts
Some exciting projects interns have worked on in this team have been:
Season Occupancy Tableau Report: Our intern built a report that allows easy access to understand occupancy by top markets. This helps partner success and marketing focus on which markets they need to procure additional listings
Traveler conversion Tableau analysis: Another intern built a report that shows traveler conversion by market for length of stay and Leadtime. This allowed our product team to narrow in on specific traveler use cases that needed product improvement to drive conversion
Partner Acceptance Tableau analysis: We asked our intern to build a report that showed partner acceptance by market for length of stay and Leadtime. This allowed our partner product team to narrow in on specific traveler use cases that needed product improvement to drive partner acceptance
Identify peak events for Market Maker: This report systematically identified the days in all 44 flywheel markets that had the highest ADR, and the event that occurred that day. This data will be input into Market Maker and allow for smarter pricing, helping to increase Net Booked Value
New Customer Market Profiling: An intern built a methodology to define the customer lifetime value for new customres acquired in specific travel markets, and used unsupervised machine learning clustering to define the most valuable clusters of markets to be used in prioritizing acquisition campaigns.
You've Applied, Now What?
We will review your application and if you are considered a fit, we will invite you to take an online assessment. Those who pass the assessment will be invited for a final interview.
Intern Program Dates: To ensure a consistent experience, we offer two different start dates. These dates accommodate varying school's schedules.
* Group 1: May 26 - August 14
* Group 2: June 15 - September 4
Why Join Us?
(COMPANY NAME) Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at (COMPANY NAME) Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, (COMPANY NAME) Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand (COMPANY NAME)®, Hxxxxx.xxm®, (COMPANY NAME)® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lxxxxxxxxx.xxm.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, (COMPANY NAME)® Media Solutions, Cxxxxxxxxx.xxm™, (COMPANY NAME) Local Expert®, (COMPANY NAME)® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
More About Us:
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxxx-xxxxxs
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization