Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which has an immediate start date and allows interns to work 28 hours per week over 10 weeks, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
Who you are:
* A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing
* Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* Enthusiastic and excited about discussing recent books you've read
* Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
* Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
* Resourceful with the ability to balance multiple responsibilities and work independently
* Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
* Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
What you will learn:
* Assist with galley and review copy mailings for Fall titles
* Update the publicity databases
* Write early drafts of press releases, galley letters, and pitch emails for upcoming titles.
* Create press and marketing materials
* Work on publicity schedules and tours
* Create media and marketing lists
* General administrative duties
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume AND cover letter. Your cover letter should specify your interest in Hachette Books, nonfiction publishing, as well as book publicity.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation of $15/hour. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location - talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more
|Posted on:||11 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|