(COMPANY NAME)'s invention of the GPU in 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI - the next era of computing - with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Today, we are increasingly known as "the AI computing company." We're looking to grow our company, and build our teams with the smartest people in the world. Join us at the forefront of technological advancement.
(COMPANY NAME) is hiring interns for its AI infrastructure RAPIDS team. RAPIDS is a suite of open source software libraries that enables executing end-to-end data science and analytics pipelines entirely on GPUs. It relies on (COMPANY NAME) CUDA for low-level compute optimization, but exposes that GPU parallelism and high-bandwidth memory speed through user-friendly Python interfaces.
You will need to have strong C++ programming skills (CUDA C++ or other GPU programming experience is desirable), experience with software building and packaging, and excellent communication and planning skills. You will have the opportunity to work with world-class engineers at (COMPANY NAME) and from the RAPIDS open source community to advance accelerated data science.
What you'll be doing:
* Analyze, design, and implement optimized GPU algorithms for large-scale data analytics and machine learning.
* Performance analysis, benchmarking, and troubleshooting GPU-accelerated libraries.
* Collaborating with a multi-functional team to understand requirements and implement or improve solutions
What we need to see:
* Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Applied Math, or related field
* Strong analytical problem-solving skills, algorithms and mathematics fundamentals.
* Excellent C/C++ programming, debugging, performance analysis, and test design
* Good communication and documentation habits.
* Ability to work independently and manage your own development efforts.
* Ability to collaborate as part of a team.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
* Experience developing algorithms with CUDA C++ or other parallel programming technologies.
* Experience developing distributed systems and algorithms using MPI, OpenMP, NCCL, or similar technologies.
* Experience with "modern" C++ standards: C++11, C++14, etc.
* Experience with data analytics, machine learning, and related technologies.
* Experience with one or more of: Python, git, CMake, Google Test & Benchmark, assembly / low level programming, performance tuning.
Are you dedicated, upbeat and dynamic with excellent analytical ability? Are you a software engineer passionate and highly motivated about solving complex problems? If so, you may be a perfect fit for (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.