You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
This summer you could have the opportunity to work for one of Levi Strauss & Co.'s iconic brands! Our San Francisco-based Summer Internship opportunities, among the Levi's® and Dockers® brands, give students real world work experience and exposure to one of the world's leading fashion and apparel companies. Our 10 week Summer Internship Program is the perfect way to gain work experience within the core of the organization, while learning what a career at LS&Co. might have in store for you.
In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, all interns will participate in an intern group project dedicated to a critical business initiative as well as be exposed to all areas of our business and our brands. Leadership seminars and career exploration series connect our interns to our leaders and educate around different career paths. Intern performance will be assessed using our internal review process and could potentially lead to a full-time offer.
Levi Strauss & Company is pursuing a global strategy to become a best-in-class eCommerce retailer. This is an exciting opportunity for a business-minded, data savvy superstar: the successful intern candidate will play a key role in accelerating the effectiveness of Levi's and Dockers eCommerce businesses using machine learning and data analysis during the summer of 2020. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner with marketing, site merchandising, product, and content teams to tackle challenges of strategic importance to the company. You will have the opportunity to present recommendations to leadership and implement recommendations on the Lxxx.xxm and Dxxxxxx.xxm websites.
Duties and responsibilities
* Support online personalization, recommendation or content discovery projects.
* Work with marketing, product, and/or site merchandising teams to refine problem statements and hypotheses.
* Identify relevant internal and external data sources, collect, clean, and transform data to use in analyses.
* Explore data to increase understanding of customer behaviors, attitudes, and preferences.
* Build and maintain state-of-the-art statistical procedures, algorithms, and models in Python and/or R to solve a range of problems in diverse domains.
* Conduct experiments to test the effectiveness of models.
* Use analytical models to reduce uncertainty and drive key decisions across the organization:
* Understand the customer lifecycle; generate actionable insights and recommendations to ultimately increase revenue.
* Create compelling presentations for both internal and external.
* Be a current undergraduate student majoring in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other field relevant to data science with an expected graduation/matriculation date in 2022
* Have experience with the following software tools
* Python (preferred) or another interpreted programming language like R for data exploration and modeling
* SQL for querying large datasets
* GitHub/git for version control
* Nice to have: Experience with cloud-based production environments such as AWS
* Have a passion for data-driven thinking from idea generation to model implementation.
* Have a willingness to quickly learn and adapt to new processes, technology, and ideas.
* Demonstrate a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
* Engage in our culture of continuous learning and improvement with a focus on providing solutions and delivering results.
* Ensure the accuracy and relevance of the team's deliverables through frequent peer-reviews and pair-programming sessions.
San Francisco, CA, USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME
Current LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account