The Summer @ (COMPANY NAME) Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the (COMPANY NAME) organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
* Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2019
* Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
* Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
* Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poser Symposium).
* Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia.
* Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience.
We are seeking a talented individual who are interested in early assay development for novel biomarkers and investigation their medical utility in human tumor tissue specimens. You will work with a team of assay developers, pathologists and image scientists exploring the relationship of the multivariate readouts to clinical outcomes.
* BS, MS or PhD student in Science related.
* A passion for developing technologies to improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.
* A passion for applying state-of-art principals and theories to solve challenging practical problems.
* Self-motivated, self-disciplined and ability to work independently.
* Responsible for conducting research and development laboratory experiments.
* Exercises technical expertise and discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies.
* Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
* Presents and discusses results of experiments within department and project team.
* Follow company policies and procedures for GMP, GLP, Design Control and others as appropriate.
What you will learn:
* Experience working in an industrial laboratory environment.
* Gain exposure to medical devices and product development in a regulated industry.
* Participate in early assay development and validation of novel biomarkers on patient cohort.
Given the current uncertainty of the global pandemic and work from home situation for 2021, the majority of internships are currently planned to be virtual with the option for interns to work remotely from within U.S. Borders. Internships that operate in business critical roles, such as Operations and Research & Development may require you to work on campus. We will keep candidates informed if this changes.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at Ux.firstname.lastname@example.org