Summer Intern - Cytology
The Summer @ (COMPANY NAME) Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the (COMPANY NAME) organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
* Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2021
* Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
* Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
* Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poser Symposium).
* Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
* Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
The cytology development group within the Integrated Assay Solutions group is responsible for development and implementation of cytocological based preparation methods/platforms and assays.
Selected intern will be responsible for:
* Cytological slide preparation and staining for sample qualification purposes
* Data documentation of results (laboratory notebook)
* Reporting findings and observations to bigger cytology group
* Level of education = Bachelors, Masters (preferred)
* Laboratory knowledge in molecular and/or cell biology
* Ability to work unsupervised
What you will learn:
* Advanced cytological sample preparation techniques and best practices
* Data driven decision making
* Feasibility design methodologies for platform/assay development
Given the current uncertainty of the global pandemic and work from home situation for 2021, the majority of internships are currently planned to be virtual with the option for interns to work remotely from within U.S. Borders. Internships that operate in business critical roles, such as Operations and Research & Development may require you to work on campus. We will keep candidates informed if this changes.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at Ux.email@example.com